Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Digital storytelling process so far


When I first looked over the digital storytelling assignment I was nervous.  I have never completed this type of project before and it seemed a bit overwhelming.  However, it has been a smooth ride so far.  As with most things, the key is to break a large task into small manageable pieces.  Writing is no exception.  Whether writing a large research paper or creating a fun story, there are certain pre-writing tasks to accomplish which make the whole process smoother.  I think the hardest part, besides picking a topic, was staying within the time limit.  I wanted to include enough information to tell my story, but I need to eliminate non-essential details.  This is why the writing process is so important.  In my first draft of the script, I just wrote down everything.  During revision I could go back and edit the piece and think about what details are important and what doesn’t fit in with the whole story.  After having a peer review the story, I now realize I still have some more cutting down to accomplish. Currently I am attempting to polish the script so I can move on to the next phase of the process and start looking at scenes.  When I start organizing the scenes, a similar process will occur.  I will first just put everything in and then go back and review it….multiple times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment